When the weather is chilly, soups are the perfect way to warm yourself up. Packed with vegetables, zucchini soup will make a magnificent meal.
It is also loaded with succulent spices, which heighten the tangy taste of this vegetable soup.
Whether you want to make it for lunch or dinner-time, a delicious zucchini soup recipe is a light yet hearty meal. It pairs phenomenally with croutons, breadsticks, and grilled cheese sandwiches.
This guide will lead you through the process of making this super simple recipe.
Zucchini Soup Recipe
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
- Portions: 6
This indulgent zucchini soup is healthy and loaded with flavorsome ingredients.
Cooked in a homely vegetable broth, this zesty zucchini soup has a hearty vibe that is ideal for the winter months.
This vegetable has been beautifully paired with vegetables like carrots and onions.
To make this recipe, you will simply need the following ingredients:
- 3 zucchinis
- 2 carrots
- 2 celeries
- 2 potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of mint leaves
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
To make this zucchini soup recipe, you will need the following common articles of cooking equipment:
- A vegetable peeler
- A chopping board and sharp knife
- A casserole dish
- A wooden spoon for stirring
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the carrots. Then, chop the carrots, zucchini, celery, onion, and potatoes into small pieces. Using a garlic press, crush the garlic into small pieces.
- Pour the olive oil into a casserole dish. Then, place the dish on a hob and heat it to a medium temperature. Once the oil has become warm, add all the vegetables to the dish (potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and garlic) aside from the zucchini. Cook these vegetables for approximately 1 minute, stirring regularly to prevent the vegetables from burning.
- Pour the chicken and vegetable stock into the casserole dish. You should also add the mint leaves to the dish. Now, add the zucchini. These vegetables will become too tender if they are added to the soup early in the cooking process.
- Slowly boil the casserole dish, stirring frequently. Continue simmering the vegetables until they develop a tender texture. Specifically, the potatoes should feel soft.
- Take the mint leaves out of the soup. Then, add the thyme, salt, and pepper to the dish to season the soup.
- Serve the soup while it is warm. Enjoy the soup with whatever sides you fancy, including slices of bread or croutons. If you have any leftovers, this zucchini soup can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Alternatively, you can freeze it for a maximum of 3 months.
If you want to experiment with this sensational soup, you can use the following suggestions to alter the taste and texture:
- Using a food processor or blender, puree the soup. This will give it a smoother texture that contrasts with the chunks of vegetables found in the standard recipe. To make things easier, you should puree the soup in small batches.
- For a zestier flavor, consider adding 2 teaspoons of lemon juice to the soup.
- If you want to give the zucchini soup a spicy twist, try including a teaspoon of paprika or a little jalapeño chile. Alternatively, you can use cilantro for a milder spice.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, simply substitute the chicken broth for extra vegetable broth.
- Swap the mint leaves with bay leaves. Remember to remove these bay leaves when you serve the soup, as they can be a choking hazard.
- If you want to give the soup a creamy texture, consider adding a small amount of double cream when you pour the broth into the casserole dish. This will also give the soup a slightly sweeter taste.
- To increase your protein intake, cannellini beans or chickpeas can be included in the dish. Moreover, you can add cooked chicken if you are a meat eater.
- Try adding different vegetables to suit your taste. Furthermore, you can remove any vegetables from the zucchini soup that you do not enjoy.
What Should You Serve With Zucchini Soup?
Though this soup will taste delicious on its own, you will likely want to accompany it with a side dish to make it a little more substantial.
For a simple side dish, you can simply serve the zucchini soup with slices of bread. Bread makes an amazing addition to soups as it will absorb all of the delicious flavors.
This bread will work particularly well if it has been slathered with a generous portion of butter or margarine.
Likewise, breadsticks and other finger foods will be ideal for dipping into the zucchini soup. If you want something a little more filling, a grilled cheese sandwich can be dunked into the zucchini soup. The cheesy flavors will pair beautifully with the zucchini.
If you fancy something elegant, you can top the soup with croutons. Garlic-infused croutons will be hard to resist when they have been added to a soup. Likewise, garlic knots will be incredibly indulgent when paired with zucchini soup.
Salad is an outstanding option if you crave a healthy side dish for your soup. Alternatively, your zucchini soup can be matched with cooked meat to boost its protein content.
Is This Zucchini Soup Easy To Make?
Yes, this recipe is super simple to make. As a result, even beginners will be able to follow this straightforward recipe. It should take around 30 minutes to make, meaning that you won’t have to spend ages in the kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Luckily, zucchini is a versatile vegetable. As a conscience, there are loads of ways that you can use any leftover zucchini.
Making soup is an obvious choice for using up your leftovers, as it will not matter if the zucchini has developed a slightly tender texture.
You can also try making zucchini patties, bread, or tots. Zucchini will also pair nicely with pasta and rice dishes. You can even make zucchini fries from these vegetables.
Yes, you should leave the peel on when you cook zucchini. This is because there is simply no reason to remove it since it is perfectly edible and is a good source of nutrients.
Yet, if a specific recipe calls for the skin to be removed, it is best to get rid of the peel.
During the cold months, soups are one of the most comforting meals that you can bake. This zucchini soup is no different. Loaded with hearty vegetables, this zucchini soup will be difficult to resist.
However, you can also serve the soup cold during the summer months, making this a versatile recipe. Why not put your apron on and start making this excellent zucchini soup?
- Papaya Salad Recipe (Sweet And Sour Flavors) - January 15, 2024
- Burrata Salad Recipe (A Blend Of Italian Elegance) - January 12, 2024
- Pear Salad Recipe (Healthy Flavorful Twist To Try) - January 12, 2024